Ms. Mofet's Bavarian Beans & Spaetzle
16 oz. Green beans
1/4 cup Spaetzle
1/8 lb. Bacon cut into lardons (strips) - reserve fat
2 TBSP Butter
1 clove garlic - chopped fine
1/4 tsp. Parsley - chopped fine
1/4 tsp. Chives - chopped fine
1 Green onion (white & light green part) - chopped fine
Salt - to taste
Ground peppercorns - to taste
1. Steam string beans.
2. Cook Spaetzle in salted water, drain and cool.
3. Cook bacon; drain and set aside, save bacon fat.
4. Add butter, green onion, chives, and garlic to bacon fat and cook just till soft and fragrant.
5. Add beans and Spaetzle to pan and sauté several minutes.
6. Add bacon, parsley, salt & ground pepper and stir till incorporated and warm.
There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost