Mushroom Gratin-rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We like this with grilled chicken or beef and I usually end up doubleing it and as is it serves 6-10:LOL:

2-cloves minced garlic
1-onion finely diced, I use yellow or white
3-tab. freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
1-tea. dry marjoram or more if you like the taste
1-tea. salt
2-grinds black pepper, coarse grind
1/3-c. peanut oil
2-tab. wine vinegar
1-1/2 lbs. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 lb. butter
1/2-c. fresh bread crumbs, I like to use sourdough french
1/4-c. freshly grated parmesan

put garlic,onion,parsley,marjoram,salt,pepper, oli and vinegar in a good sized bowl. there is very little liquid. Add mushrooms and marinate 3 hrs. Stir often.
Melt 1/2 the butter in heavy skillet. Remove mushrooms from marinade with slotted spoon and put in skillet. Cook over high heat 1 min, stir often.
Butter a shallow 1-qt. baking dish and put mushrooms in it. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and cheese dot with remaining butter. This far and the recipe can be held in refrigerator for up to 6 hrs. Place dish under preheated broiler for 6-7 min to brown before serving.Watch closely so it doesn't burn.
enjoy,
kadesma:)

Its only in the last 10 years or so that I have been eating mushrooms. This looks lovely kadesma, thanks!

Alix said:
Its only in the last 10 years or so that I have been eating mushrooms. This looks lovely kadesma, thanks!
Your welcome Alix..

kadesma

mudbug said:
ooh, yum. I'm assuming you used the white button mushrooms.

Have you ever tried making this with portabellos as an entree?
Yes Mudbug, I use the white buttons and sliced them. I haven't used portabellos, but don't see why you couldn't I've seen them already sliced in the produce department, might give it a try soon, Thanks:)

kadesma

marmalady said:
Oh, dear, that's twice today you've gotten me - this looks scrumptious!
Glad you like:LOL: I'm a mushroom nut and use them as often as I can. I've even taken to using them instead of pate when I make a dish similar to beef wellington.

Thanks Michelemarie, I hope it's a good one for you:)

kadesma

Yum, yum, I can never have enough of new ideas for mushrooms, one of my favest of the fave foods!!:-p
There growing a mini rain forest of flat leaf parsley just outside of our kitchen window sill, I would use some extra dose of parsley to sprinkle upon after the sautèing the shrooms:rolleyes: !!

Thanks for yet another mouth watering recipe, CJ!! Gee, just what Lucilla and Guido are missing out on... (I never understood people who dislike mushrooms!!)

This is Wonderful!!! I made it to go with baked breaded pork chops, steamed potatoes and a salad. Compliments the whole meal!! Thank you for the recipe!!!

Shunka said:
This is Wonderful!!! I made it to go with baked breaded pork chops, steamed potatoes and a salad. Compliments the whole meal!! Thank you for the recipe!!!
Thank you Shunka, what a nice compliment. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe.

CJ I made this yesterday and it was soooo delicious!!

We used a type of mushrooms called "pleurotus" (I am not sure of the English translation...),
pleurotuseryngi.jpg

very popular here in Italy, large and more body to its flavour and texture than the white button mushrooms, I was tempted to sample a bit as I was sauteeing them after the marinating process, as they were already looking and smelling so good, but I used all my will power to restrain myself as I knew I would just end up eating the whole thing...:LOL: And in the end I was glad for that!! However, I missed this bit,

kadesma said:
We like this with grilled chicken or beef and I usually end up doubleing it and as is it serves 6-10:LOL:

I just used the amount pretty much as it was described, it was just for us two but we scarfed them right down and wanting for more:-p I must make sure to prepare more the next time!!:)

Thanks for yet another winner, I will add this one to that "All time favourite DC recipe" thread!!

Thank you Licia, I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe. Those mushrooms looked beautiful and I can only imagine the flavor, it must have been outstanding...I love it when I can offer something we enjoy to others and they can enjoy it as well. Thanks for letting me know.

I made this recipe last night and dad and I fought for the leftovers (ended up splitting them but forgot to put mine back in fridge:mad: ). Wow, was this good - thanks for another great recipe kadesma!​

Michelemarie said:
I made this recipe last night and dad and I fought for the leftovers (ended up splitting them but forgot to put mine back in fridge:mad: ). Wow, was this good - thanks for another great recipe kadesma!​
Hi Michele,
I'm so glad you liked the recipe. With my family I can't go wrong if I make anything with mushrooms. It's a nice feeling to be able to pass along recipes and share with my friends here on DC..Thanks again for letting me know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom