Mushrooms as a vegetable side dish ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have all kinds of mushroom recipes in my files. I haven't fixed this one, but my daughter says it's good:

Fresh Mushroom Casserole

24 ounces of sliced shrooms
1 stick butter
1-1/2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
2 cups shredded cheese
½ cup half and half

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Saute shrooms in butter.
Add stuffing mix. Place in greased 9x13 pan.
Add cheese and half and half on top.
Bake for 20 minutes.

Thanks BC. I did catch that, but I am biased :)

Stuffed mushroom are a palette I can't resist. There is very little you can't stuff a mushroom with and not improve it's character.

Mushrooms are the vegetable equivalent to bacon. And should be treated with the same respect :)

Raw in a salad, cleaned up and in a sandwich, grilled, marinated and used with other marinated tasty stuff, sliced and sauted, or stuffed and ovenized. It has a serious purpose in life :)

Bob

I'll make a pasta with a blend of thyme, rosemary, garlic, marjoram, a sauce type mixture very similar to a marsala chicken and toss that together and serve it a big fat grilled portobello mushroom cap! NOTHING is better than that! :LOL:

I have all kinds of mushroom recipes in my files. I haven't fixed this one, but my daughter says it's good:

Fresh Mushroom Casserole

24 ounces of sliced shrooms
1 stick butter
1-1/2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
2 cups shredded cheese
½ cup half and half

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Saute shrooms in butter.
Add stuffing mix. Place in greased 9x13 pan.
Add cheese and half and half on top.
Bake for 20 minutes.

Constance, has your DD been trading recipes with Paula Deen? This sounds like a recipe that came from her. :) Stick of butter? Check! Ton of Cheese! Check! Half & half? Check!

Bob

Back
Top Bottom