"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables

Old 10-31-2010, 11:16 PM   #31
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Summertime - Sesame Noodles

Wintertime - Mushrooms Gratin

I bought more mushrooms again today. I'm serious, I can eat these every day!

Old 10-31-2010, 11:56 PM   #32
Certified Cake Maniac

Wow, I am so happy everyone is enjoying this and I love all your variations. I am going to try some of them soon!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:42 AM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Wow, you are most welcome, Zhizara! That is some testimony! I am really glad you enjoy it. I am always shy to post some of my own recipes, but if they are liked then I will post more.

Wow, I am so happy everyone is enjoying this and I love all your variations. I am going to try some of them soon!
Well, we really like it, so please post some more. What other easy, yummy goodies do you have up your sleeve?

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #34
Master Chef

I love mushrooms and swiss cheese. Can't wait to try this. I'll only be making a single serving since DH can't stand mushrooms. He says it's like eating plastic.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #35
Senior Cook

I printed this recipe and I think I'll try it tomorrow. It sounds great!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #36
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
OK, now I know what everyone is talking about with this great recipe.
I did it as written yesterday for lunch and it was just wonderful.

Today, I was short on mushrooms, so I "morphed" it for a dinner side with our smoked tri tip. I love my little individual casseroles, and I added a layer of well squeezed cooked spinach (squeezed so well in my potato ricer thingy) with a few grates of nutmeg, and a touch of salt and lemon juice, Topped it with a thick layer of well buttered Panko bread crumbs mixed with Parmesan and fresh chives. WOW
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Summertime - Sesame Noodles

Wintertime - Mushrooms Gratin

I bought more mushrooms again today. I'm serious, I can eat these every day!
We're gonna need 2 support groups!!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I feel silly asking this. How do you butter bread crumbs? Are they dry crumbs or soft crumbs?
Old 11-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #38
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I feel silly asking this. How do you butter bread crumbs? Are they dry crumbs or soft crumbs?
TL, I put about 2 Tbs. of butter in a small bowl and nuke it about 20 seconds till melted, then add less than a cup of Panko bread crumbs in the bowl and toss with a fork till well blended. I don't use anything but Panko bread crumbs for a topping (they are dry and airy)........it toasts up just beautifully every time. What a difference, from ordinary bread crumbs. They are Japanese in origin and used to be a bit hard to find, however now days they are right on the shelf with other bread crumbs in supermarkets.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
TL, I put about 2 Tbs. of butter in a small bowl and nuke it about 20 seconds till melted, then add less than a cup of Panko bread crumbs in the bowl and toss with a fork till well blended. I don't use anything but Panko bread crumbs for a topping (they are dry and airy)........it toasts up just beautifully every time. What a difference, from ordinary bread crumbs. They are Japanese in origin and used to be a bit hard to find, however now days they are right on the shelf with other bread crumbs in supermarkets.
Thank you. I know about panko - I will start using it when they make it whole wheat ;) So, dry bread crumbs would be the ones to use I guess.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:37 PM   #40
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
We're gonna need 2 support groups!!
Trouble is we can't really support each other, since we are just feeding each others food fetish...unless you mean support by helping me lift this fork..

Tags
recipe

Mushrooms Gratin This is one of my experiments gone right. My love of mushroom swiss burgers was the original influence for this....except I prefer it without the burger! :wink: I usually make this individually in onion soup bowls, large ramekins or single serving casserole dishes. It could also be done in a larger casserole or baking dish. [B]Mushrooms Gratin[/B] (per person) 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms (white, crimini or a combination of both) 1 - 2 cloves minced garlic to taste Salt and Pepper to taste 1/3 cup Grated Swiss Cheese 2 tbsp buttered bread crumbs 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese Place half the mushrooms on the bottom of a greased casserole. Sprinkle with some garlic, salt and pepper, then cover with half the grated swiss cheese. Repeat the layers and top with some buttered bread crumbs and Parmesan. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until the mushrooms are hot and tender and the cheese is melted. The juice from the mushrooms keeps the dish from drying out. 5 stars 1 reviews