Mushrooms Gratin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am making it for dinner tonight. for just me. didn't get much at thanksgiving. it was gone in a flash.

laurie, you know i am genetically unable to leave well enough alone. i had some marspone cheese that needed to be used. mixed it a little half and half so i could glop tsp. on top of each layer. mixed parm and panco crumbs with butter and put on top. it is to die for.

told guy that delivers my meds about your recipe. gave it to him yesterday. his wife is a big mushroom lover. try with the marspone some time. it is really good. :chef:

This sounds fantastic.. Mushrooms are in the top three of my list of favorite vegetables. Mixing them with garlic, cheese and breadcrumbs? Oh, this sounds delectable and I will making them soon! I like the idea of making them in little ramekins too :)

This sounds fantastic.. Mushrooms are in the top three of my list of favorite vegetables. Mixing them with garlic, cheese and breadcrumbs? Oh, this sounds delectable and I will making them soon! I like the idea of making them in little ramekins too :)

You will soon be eating them as much as the rest of us do...:LOL:
It is the perfect side or main dish! Experiment with different cheeses after you've tried the original.

Oh yum! Trying to cut down on cheese after my cheesey Christmas binge but it'll have to wait!

I just picked up some mushrooms specifically for this yesterday.
Can't wait to make it.

You bet! This was delicious... and so simple. Really great combination of flavors. I may never saute a mushroom again, lol.

You bet! This was delicious... and so simple. Really great combination of flavors. I may never saute a mushroom again, lol.

I am, single-handed...keeping the mushroom industry going in Missoula. I used to buy them about every two weeks, now it is almost daily.:LOL:

So far using up the rest of the mushrooms making this again tonight is the only part of dinner I know what I'm doing :LOL:

So far using up the rest of the mushrooms making this again tonight is the only part of dinner I know what I'm doing :LOL:

Shrek and I both had dental work done...now I just chop up the mushrooms small and try not to toast the cheese too much...we still enjoy this almost daily, and have been playing with different cheeses.

Did this as a side for Christmas dinner, with bacon, scallions, and sherry as an addition. The mushrooms must have had a lot of moisture, because the thing collapsed to the point of ugly, but, still, there was none left!

An addition to my previous comments: it's rare to find a recipe that is so good in its original form, yet so amenable to embellishment. Thank you so much, again!

Holy Shitaki*, Batman! A 5-Star rating, 10 pages, and 95 posts discussing a recipe with only 4 ingredients of mushrooms, cheese, garlic and breadcrumbs. I'm sure it's good but but but...:LOL:
*Shitaki is a type of mushroom btw, in case newbies are wondering

Last edited:
Holy Shitaki*, Batman! A 5-Star rating, 10 pages, and 95 posts discussing a recipe with only 4 ingredients of mushrooms, cheese, garlic and breadcrumbs. I'm sure it's good but but but...:LOL:
*Shitaki is a type of mushroom btw, in case newbies are wondering

Try it, you'll like it!

Hey there PF!! Whats shakin'? I haven't tried this yet.

Hey there PF!! Whats shakin'? I haven't tried this yet.

Hi MsM,

Sorry, I kicked a spammer in the you-know-what and went to bed. You really should try it, I know you like good cheese ad mushrooms. I have it adapted to toothless eating...can't go a week without it!:LOL:

hi msm,

sorry, i kicked a spammer in the you-know-what and went to bed. You really should try it, i know you like good cheese ad mushrooms. I have it adapted to toothless eating...can't go a week without it!:LOL:
rotfl

I'm making it again today with Swiss and Panela cheese.
Five ingredients :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom