Mushrooms Gratin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i wasn't here when this thread ran. can we talk some more about mushrooms? there are so many things to love about them....today, i made a dish combining crimini, shiitake and oyster mushrooms - sauted them together with onions, made a pan gravy, added a bit of wine and spooned the whole thing over some wonderbread toast: breakfast for two! happy july 4th everybody!

Vitauta, that sounds really good. You may want to make your own thread for your recipes though as they can get lost in other threads. The best thing to do is give it a name and use that as your thread title.

I am not saying I don't want you in my thread, not at all! This sounds good and deserves its own place in the site. :)

Vitauta, that sounds really good. You may want to make your own thread for your recipes though as they can get lost in other threads. The best thing to do is give it a name and use that as your thread title.

I am not saying I don't want you in my thread, not at all! This sounds good and deserves its own place in the site. :)

your mushrooms gratin are jumping off the page at me. i must calm down until i can get my (sale) mushrooms and swiss cheese together. maniana....

This yummy dish will be on our Thanksgiving table this Thursday. I assemble it in the morning and pop in the oven as the turkey is resting. It's become a favorite.

I'm bumping this thread so our newer members will have a chance to savor this great recipe.

If you're looking for an easy side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas this one is really easy and delicious.

I was thinking about making some stuffed mushrooms to take to Thanksgiving. I miss my mushrooms! Lol.

You can still have your mushrooms. Just cook them separate and then add them to your dish. My whole family loves mushrooms. I swear a couple of my kids would put them in their breakfast cereal if it wasn't so weird. I live alone but I keep mushrooms on hand all the time. Both fresh and canned. I prefer the fresh though. I always have to have them in my omelet. :angel:

Just make it for you! It's worth it.

What PF said. Never deprive yourself because of someone else's dislike for a certain food. You are not only depriving yourself of a food you love, but also of foods that contain nutrients that can only benefit your well-being. :angel:

I'm going to make this tonight. Bought some mushrooms, I love mushrooms. And I have some cheese in the fridge. I bought some dehydrated porcini mushrooms, I've always wanted to try them. I've also never cooked with dehydrated mushrooms, hope it comes out ok.

I'm going to make this tonight. Bought some mushrooms, I love mushrooms. And I have some cheese in the fridge. I bought some dehydrated porcini mushrooms, I've always wanted to try them. I've also never cooked with dehydrated mushrooms, hope it comes out ok.

I love to grind dry porcini and add them to mushroom dishes. It really makes that mushroom flavor "pop".

Where do you all get your dried porcinis? I looked into FungusAmungus, shipping was almost as much as the mushrooms. Amazon had complaints about worms in theirs.

I got mine from the grocery store too, they have them by the other mushrooms. I had looked at ebay today and there are tons of dried mushrooms there of all kinds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom