Mushrooms in italian cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
What would be some good mushrooms to put in a pasta dish? A dish with ingredients like rigatoni, olive oil, grilled chicken, sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil,e tc

Dry porcinis (rehydrated) would be my choice. But creminis (which are small portobellas) or button mushrooms would work. SO would chanterelles.

Dried is not what im going for as i want to sautee the mushrooms in garlic and olive oil. Chantarelles sound interesting.

Any mushroom with a more robust flavour that isn't delicate. Shiitake mushrooms would also be suitable.

You can still sautee dried mushrooms, just place in a bowl, pour some warm water over the top and let them reconstitute. Then when you want to sautee them squeeze out the excess water and throw them in the pan. Also really good if you can incorporate the mushroom soaking liquid as well.

Chanterelles are my favourite mushrooms, I just adore their lovely shape, which can come across as quite delicate but they hold up well once cooked. A little truffle oil or as Haggis mentioned the soaking liquid from dried mushrooms are always a great ay to jazz up any mushroom dish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom