My Grandma's ratatouille (French recipe)
Hi all :) I’m now living in Brazil and I do miss French food from time to time… So I’ve cooked ma Grand-Ma Ratatouille recipe, that well-known french vegetables dish, and I thought it might interested some of you…feel free to ask any details if needed :)
Preparation : 10/15 minutes
Cooking : 50/60 minutes approximately
Ingredients: (For 4 people)
- 1 large aubergine
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 large green pepper
- 3 tomatos
- 2 onions
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Peel and slice onions.
- In a frying pan, put a little bit of olive oil and start cooking the onions, at low heat.
- Cut aubergines and sweet peppers into cubes and add to the casserole.
- Cover and make cook them 20 minutes, always at low heat while stirring up from time to time.
- Cut tomatos and add, let them cook 15 minutes.
- Cut zucchinis into cubes then add them.
- Add salt, pepper, add a little engraved parsley, and thyme branches
- Let cook approximately 15 minutes without the lid (time that the zucchinis are cooked but slightly crunchy).
- If needed add a water glass of water so that the vegetables dont burn at the bottom of the pan.
You can eat it like that or with potatoes, rice or pastas. My grand-ma used to served it warm, with withe rice, rosted chicken and red wine… Just amazing :)