My Grandma's ratatouille (French recipe)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Louise No Brasil

Assistant Cook
Hi all :) I’m now living in Brazil and I do miss French food from time to time… So I’ve cooked ma Grand-Ma Ratatouille recipe, that well-known french vegetables dish, and I thought it might interested some of you…feel free to ask any details if needed :)

------------------

Preparation : 10/15 minutes

Cooking : 50/60 minutes approximately

Ingredients: (For 4 people)

- 1 large aubergine
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 large green pepper
- 3 tomatos
- 2 onions
- Thyme
- Parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper

------------------

- Peel and slice onions.

- In a frying pan, put a little bit of olive oil and start cooking the onions, at low heat.

- Cut aubergines and sweet peppers into cubes and add to the casserole.

- Cover and make cook them 20 minutes, always at low heat while stirring up from time to time.

- Cut tomatos and add, let them cook 15 minutes.

- Cut zucchinis into cubes then add them.

- Add salt, pepper, add a little engraved parsley, and thyme branches

- Let cook approximately 15 minutes without the lid (time that the zucchinis are cooked but slightly crunchy).

- If needed add a water glass of water so that the vegetables dont burn at the bottom of the pan.

------------------

You can eat it like that or with potatoes, rice or pastas. My grand-ma used to served it warm, with withe rice, rosted chicken and red wine… Just amazing :)

Hi ! So sorry, I'm more used to british english. Aubergines ar EGGPLANTS. Thank you for letting me know my mistake :) I'm doing my best in english but I'm still confusing words...

I also love Ratatouille ! That's so simple and really good for health ! warm in winter or cold on summer...always delicious !
BTW The first day is good to eat but the best is definitely the second day!

Welcome Louise. This is a fun place to talk about food. And you are doing a fine job with your English. And if Charlie says so, then it is true. (I luv ya Charlie) Take a look at "Today's Funny." It will make your day.

I still miss my mother's cooking also. And she has been gone for more than 50 years. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom