Name this vegetable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
Sorry, no pic. And I was going to take one in case I forgot the name, which I did :wacko:

A new to me veggie. It was by the radicchio. It was bright green and shiny, like an unripe tomoato, but it reminded me more of tomatillos. And they were in vine clusters, like on the vine tomatoes.
Does anyone have a guess? If you say it I'll know it :)

There are green eggplants, so that could be it, although they're not usually sold in clusters.

Tomatillos do grow in clusters, and sometimes they're fairly large, like 4-5 inches across. Usually they have a papery covering on them that needs to be removed.

And there are tomatoes that are ripe when green. I've seen more and more heirloom varieties in the grocery stores, so that's a possibility, too.

Thanks for the guesses.
If it was a form of beet it did not say so. It had a longish name, *maybe* starting with a p, or a p was in it.
And it does not look like the pic, Andy.

It looked like something out of a sci-fi movie. Maybe Phinz would know, lol.

They were by the other oddball stuff.
By the radicchio, celeriac, funny little cabbages...
GG, the tomatillos you get are much larger than the ones I get. These things were about 2" in size, which is the size tomatillos in the stores up here.

Could it have been a poblano pepper?

Poblano_peppers_in_S._Deerfield_-_550-1.jpg

I've seen smaller and larger tomatillos, usually the smaller ones, but occasionally bigger ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom