Need a simple chili or stew recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbb87

Cook
I need a few simple and quick chili or stew recipes. Something similar to the one here - http://www.healthycookingrecipes.com/vegetarianrecipes/vegetarian-black-bean-chili.htm

I really like that recipe because it's simple and doesn't have too many ingredients. It also has ingredients that I almost always have in the house (black beans, carrots, onions, and canned tomatoes) and I do omit both the green and jalapeno peppers. So something that uses similar main ingredients would be great. I have a zillion cookbooks here but I never have any of the ingredients in the books. That's always my biggest problem with recipes.

So, can anyone help me out? I think I got lucky finding that one. I can't seem to find any other really simple recipes like that one.

Are you looking for chili recipes or vegetarian bean dishes or just easy vegetarian dishes to put together?
One thing I like to do with vegetarian chili (and you would have to go get it, I'm sure ;o) !), is to add wheat berries. They have to cook with the liquid, of course, but they add a texture that is not unlike meat.
If you stock your pantry with a variety of canned beans like cannellini, pinto, garbanzo you will undoubtedly find quick recipes that use them although you might have to pick up something on the way home from work from the produce aisle. Racheal Ray had an interesting recipe for a bean stew that used kale or spinach that was quite good.
Hope this helps. Come back and clarify just a little more. ;o)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom