Non mayo-based potato salad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HappyAvocado

Senior Cook
hi,
im looking for a recipe for a potato salad that is not mayo-based or eggy... something a little bit lighter. i was thinking of making something like german potato salad without the bacon... usually for german potato salad i fry up some chopped bacon, add onions and cook, and then add white vinegar salt and pepper and pour the whole mess over some cooked red potatos.... i was going to try the same thing but with olive oil instead of bacon and spice it up with some fresh herbs. any thoughts? or does anyone have a recipe that they have tried that is an oil-vinegar based potato salad?

Here is a recipe that was posted by another DC member. Sorry, but I don't remember who it was.

Potato Salad

4 medium potatoes
1-1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp Original Grapeseed Oil
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp Horseradish Mustard
1 tbsp Parsley
1 tsp Tarragon
1/4 tsp Onion & Garlic Pepper
1/2 cup sliced green onions
To taste, freshly-ground Sea Salt

Cooking Directions
Peel and cut potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes. Cover with water and boil just until tender. Drain and place in large bowl. Toss with vinegar while still warm; let cool completely. In small bowl, whisk together the oil, water, mustard, parsley, tarragon and pepper. Stir in onions. Pour over potatoes; toss lightly to coat. Season as desired with salt.

Back
Top Bottom