Not that any of you would want to make this, green beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
My doll wants this along side dinner tonight.
It's really quite odd but then, so are his taste buds.
In a cast iron skillet, brown off a chub of JD's regular breakfast sausage. When almost completely browned, drain off all but 2 T grease and drop a medium sliced onion in there to brown, along with 1/2 t 'your **house' seasoning. When the onions are soft and browned on the edges, drain off all but about 1 T grease and put in the pan 1-2 T flour and stir to incorporate. Cook a minute then add milk, about 1 + cups. Stir, then drop in 2 [15 oz] cans drained whole green beans. Stir then cover to let gravy thicken.
The husband is a sausage freak and he loves this stuff.
** Paula Deen has her house seasoning that she uses on her show all the time. I made a huge batch of it only to find out I'd made it wrong and added an ingredient. So now its my house seasoning
Mine is simple = parts...sea salt, confetti pepper, onion powder, garlic powder. It all goes into a quart Ball jar, shook up real well, then into my shaker canister along side the stove top. It's a perfect seasoning for almost anything you can think of and it's right at your fingertips when needed.

lefse, what is confetti pepper? cracked multi-color peppercorns, perhaps?

i have 2 house rubs or seasonings: the first is the same as yours, the second replaces the garlic powder with sweet hungarian paprika.

ya know, coming from another sausage freak, this sounds really good. thank you, and thank your hubby for me. :chef:

This is sausage gravy with green beans thrown in. What's not to like?:)

I would love this, as would my daughters. But my wife wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole.:LOL:

She's taking a nap right now. I just might half to make this for lunch.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed beat me to it, but that is what we would call it.

Don't toss in the green beans and put it over buscuits and you have a great breakfast dish.

But I never thought of tossing in the beans.

Have a brother in law who I think would paricularly love this dish.

Thanks for posting.

Goodweed of the North said:
This is sausage gravy with green beans thrown in. What's not to like?:)I would love this, as would my daughters. But my wife wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole.:LOL:She's taking a nap right now. I just might half to make this for lunch.Goodweed of the North
well that's just more for you to enjoy, and just kick your girls out of the kitchen while you're preparing.
lefse, what is confetti pepper? cracked multi-color peppercorns, perhaps?the second replaces the garlic powder with sweet hungarian paprika.ya know, coming from another sausage freak, this sounds really good. thank you, and thank your hubby for me. :chef:
Yep that's just what it is. I buy the really large glass jar of multi colored pepper corns from Ross/Marshalls/TJMAXX, grind it up to = that of the other 3 ingreds. I have Sweet Hungarian Paprika, in a big red and colorful tin. I'll make yours too Buckster, love the sound of it.

You know, it really isn't half bad. Who knew something so odd sounding would be rather tasty...and BTW, it's my pleasure to post anything. You folks have all helped me so many times, a big thank you to all of (((((you)))))

Back
Top Bottom