Oh no not zucchini!-rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We all kind of go by zucchini and ignore it..I like it but there are so many veggies that are so much more beautiful to look and, that have a unique flavor that calls to us..So after making this I have a new respect for the good ol zucchini.
Slice the long way 6-8 zucchini, in a shallow bowl or pan add 1/3 c. evoo juice of one lemon and some of it's zest.Add 2 cloves crushed garlic about 1 teal ground cumin or more if you choose. add some kosher salt and some fresh ground black pepper, I use coarse grind I love that crunch and burst of heat from the larger grind.Put zucchini in the marinade coat well and let it marinate at least 2 hours. Prepare a med fire or use an indoor grilput on the zucchini and leave til you can see a light grill mark thenturn do not let it get mooshie:LOL: you want it just a little crisp..When done to your liking remove to platter give a light squeeze of lemon and more salt and pepper and enjoy.
kadesma

Sounds good! I like grilled veggies!

The local oriental buffet place we currently go to makes a garlic butter zucchini. As best I can tell, slivered garlic is lightly sauteed in butter, then the zucchini is added for just a couple of minutes. Cut the zucchi into 3 inch strips.
Lovely stuff. (They add shrimp, but I just get the zucchini.)

On the larger ones, you can cut them into rounds, marinate and grill them like burgers.

Sounds delicious. I'm always glad to see new zucchini (courgettes round my neck of the woods) recipes. Our plants have just started producing. And while I'm glad to see them now, I know I'll be sick of the sight of them in a few weeks...

Snoop puss, I know just what you mean. I don't grow it anymore, it's one of the cheapest veggies in the store. Plus the leaves give me a rash. so I'll pick them off the cold case...I do however like them fixed this way an will make them off and on duing the sumer.
kades

On the larger ones, you can cut them into rounds, marinate and grill them like burgers.

Any that get big around here when we use to grow them went to the cows.They knew when they saw us out there it was time for a treat:LOL:
kadesma

Sounds good! I like grilled veggies!

The local oriental buffet place we currently go to makes a garlic butter zucchini. As best I can tell, slivered garlic is lightly sauteed in butter, then the zucchini is added for just a couple of minutes. Cut the zucchi into 3 inch strips.
Lovely stuff. (They add shrimp, but I just get the zucchini.)
Thanks for the idea, will play around and see if I can come up with a taste treat.

kades

I'll also take the large ones and grate them with a cheese grater and then add the pile to spagetti sauce or chili. Its a great way for kids to get greens and it makes the sauce and chili heartier.

I'll also take the large ones and grate them with a cheese grater and then add the pile to spagetti sauce or chili. Its a great way for kids to get greens and it makes the sauce and chili heartier.
I use to do some thing like that when my kids were little and everything you fix got the old I hate that stuff :angel: Then they got smart:LOL:
kadesma

We love to make fried zucchini rounds from the small ones, and grate the larger ones for zucchini bread and zucchini cake.
I've seen Paula Deen use grated zucchini, onion, egg, flour and breadcrumbs to make zucchini fritters, and those look good, too.

I've also see a recipe somewhere for zucchini stuffing that looked good.

i'm not big on zucchini but sometimes i cut them long ways, scoop out the middle and stuff with the same filling i use for stuffed peppers (which is precooked). pour tomato sauce over and bake till tender.

I love stuffed zucchinis and onions..I use my m-i-l's recipe and they are tasty...
kadesma:)

I like to julienne them and then toss with angel hair pasta, olive oil, garlic, maybe some fresh tomatoes in season, and top with parm, romano, asiago, or blue cheese. Very quick summer meal.

Slice lengthwise, brush with olive oil, season with your favorite seasonings, and grill. Chop. Yumm yummm.

I like to julienne them and then toss with angel hair pasta, olive oil, garlic, maybe some fresh tomatoes in season, and top with parm, romano, asiago, or blue cheese. Very quick summer meal.

Slice lengthwise, brush with olive oil, season with your favorite seasonings, and grill. Chop. Yumm yummm.
Like the idea of the zuchini with the pasta and fresh tomatoes..Just picked about 2 doz grape tomatoes so will give your idea a try tomorrow for lunch. Thank you.
kadesma:)

Made you recipe Claire..We loved it, thank you.
kadesma

I've got a pretty substantial zucchini e-book recipe collection, but it's too big to attach here............ anyone who wants it can pm me an e-mail addy and I'll fire it off to you....
LT

Back
Top Bottom