Our Cabbage and Noodles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
This is a very good dish of DA. I had to input through the online translater to put it to English but I still did the edit.

1 pound cabbage, shredded
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/4 pound wide egg noodles
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, or to taste
Pinches of cayenne pepper, sage, rosemary, to taste
Dash of garlic powder
1 large tomato, chopped

Place shredded cabbage in a bowl; sprinkle with salt and toss to combine. Allow cabbage to stand for 30 minutes; squeeze cabbage dry and discard juice.
Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir cabbage and onion until cabbage is lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and other spices and herbs listed.
Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in egg noodles and return to a boil. Cook noodles uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender but still slightly firm, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
Lightly mix egg noodles into the cabbage mixture; season with more spices if desired and add tomato at the end.

~Cat

This recipe sounds excellent. Egg Noodles and cabbage are Two foods I enjoy. Welcome and will look forward to some more interesting recipes from your home country.

It is quite good. I hope you will like it. It may the best of ideas to ingest the Beano before eating, however. DA becomes gassy after the meal.
~Cat

Last edited:
Ha ha thank you Dawg I thought it was an American state as I never know what abbreviations stand for !
You don't have the abbreviations of all 50 states memorized? And 10 Canadian provinces and 3 territories? And just to make it more confusing, CA could mean California or Canada.

You don't have the abbreviations of all 50 states memorized? And 10 Canadian provinces and 3 territories? And just to make it more confusing, CA could mean California or Canada.

I always thought Canada was ca. Don't ask me why. :angel:

What about the countries? RU is Russia. RO is Romania.
Unless you are with DA when RO means Really Odorous after eating the cabbage and noodle dish.
I just made that up! I do love the English language!
~Cat

What about the countries? RU is Russia. RO is Romania.
Unless you are with DA when RO means Really Odorous after eating the cabbage and noodle dish.
I just made that up! I do love the English language!
~Cat

ROFL! Cat, do not show this post to DA! :LOL:

Thanks for the recipe Cat. It sure brings back some childhood memories. My Grandmother had a similar recipe but added Thüringer sausage and served it with sour cream.

Back
Top Bottom