Oven-fried Onion Rings, Weight Watchers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good... I wonder if these would work with leeks as well. Think I'll hit the farmer's market and find out. :-D

Katie E said:
We tried these last night. They were good but a bit bland. I don't think I used enough salt. Next time I make them, I'm going to use panko (Japanese) crumbs. I think they'll be perfect then.

Oh, definitely salt, Katie! And I was thinking a couple of dashes of Old Bay, too.

I will make them with panko, too!

Thanks for the report!

Lee

I was thinking salt, garlic powder, pepper, (Old Bay???? WONDERFUL idea!), even a bit of parsley in the flour. I do believe salt is key though Katie. For sure after they come out nice and hot - that's when I like to salt my stuff. The large pieces of kosher salt don't completely melt and you get a wonderful. occasional crunch!

I was thinking salt, garlic powder, pepper, (Old Bay???? WONDERFUL idea!), even a bit of parsley in the flour. I do believe salt is key though Katie. For sure after they come out nice and hot - that's when I like to salt my stuff. The large pieces of kosher salt don't completely melt and you get a wonderful. occasional crunch!

Thanks for the recipe QSis - I have a severe weakness for onion rings - I can't wait to try these!

mudbug said:
Hiya, even. Don't think we've met, so bienvenue. How would you slice up your leeks to do this?

Large leek bulbs, cut across into rings, a couple of layers per ring. They would be smaller, and would therefore cook a much shorter time, but should be sweeter and less pungent than their larger cousins I would think.

And gracias for the welcome!

Back
Top Bottom