"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables

Old 10-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Pancakes anyone? TNT

Nope not breakfast pancakes but these are great with any grilled meats, Chicken,pork,beef, chops, ribs, yep zucchini pancakes. In a large mixing bowl, combine 6 zucchini, grated about med sized squash. plus 3 beaten eggs, 4 Tab. a/p flour,4 Tab. fresh grated parmesan, 1/2 Tab.fresh minced parsley,1 clove crushed garlic,2 finely chopped green onions, salt and pepper. Stir to blend Heat 2 Tab. oil over high heat in a large skillet. Cook pancakes 3 min on each side. Remove from skillet with spatula and place on paper towels cover to keep warm as you cook the rest. This should serve 6
Enjoy
kades

Old 10-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
Executive Chef

I am Sooo disappointed,. I haven't grown zucchini in years in my garden. And No One has ever anomously left a Plain Brown Paper Grocery Bag of zukes on my doorstep. Still, zukes are one of the least expensive farmer's market purchases all summer. Nope, not your regular breakfast anymore. I am not a breakfast kind of guy. These make a nice lunch/ brunch ? dish in the summer, and are quick fast and easy. No time to sit around once you decide hunger hits.

I haven't thought of pairing w/ grilled meats or as part of a full course dinner. Duh. I make english muffin sandwiches or serve on a plate with salsa or tzatziki sauce, slice of tomato.

This is my Basic Recipe for a smaller version. Once you do this, start adding in parsley, garlic, feta, parmesan or whatever tickles your fancy. I make these in summer and when there is leftover zuke sticks from a party veggie tray. This makes enough for 2 people or there abouts.

2 c shredded zucchini, about 2 medium
1/2 tsp salt, pepper to taste
1 egg
1/4 c flour

Old 10-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Nope not breakfast pancakes but these are great with any grilled meats, Chicken,pork,beef, chops, ribs, yep zucchini pancakes. In a large mixing bowl, combine 6 zucchini, grated about med sized squash. plus 3 beaten eggs, 4 Tab. a/p flour,4 Tab. fresh grated parmesan, 1/2 Tab.fresh minced parsley,1 clove crushed garlic,2 finely chopped green onions, salt and pepper. Stir to blend Heat 2 Tab. oil over high heat in a large skillet. Cook pancakes 3 min on each side. Remove from skillet with spatula and place on paper towels cover to keep warm as you cook the rest. This should serve 6
Enjoy
kades
Oh with a bit of marinara dipping sauce. I think I have tomorrow's dinner planned.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
I am Sooo disappointed,. I haven't grown zucchini in years in my garden. And No One has ever anomously left a Plain Brown Paper Grocery Bag of zukes on my doorstep. Still, zukes are one of the least expensive farmer's market purchases all summer. Nope, not your regular breakfast anymore. I am not a breakfast kind of guy. These make a nice lunch/ brunch ? dish in the summer, and are quick fast and easy. No time to sit around once you decide hunger hits.

I haven't thought of pairing w/ grilled meats or as part of a full course dinner. Duh. I make english muffin sandwiches or serve on a plate with salsa or tzatziki sauce, slice of tomato.

This is my Basic Recipe for a smaller version. Once you do this, start adding in parsley, garlic, feta, parmesan or whatever tickles your fancy. I make these in summer and when there is leftover zuke sticks from a party veggie tray. This makes enough for 2 people or there abouts.

2 c shredded zucchini, about 2 medium
1/2 tsp salt, pepper to taste
1 egg
1/4 c flour
Thank you Wisk will give your idea a try. I know I'll like it I'm a veggie nut.Add garlic,thin sliced onion, marjoram, parsley and away I go.
kades
Old 10-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
Sous Chef

I do the garlic and some Parmesan ones, sizzle them up with olive oil. Yummy, yum, yum. Sometimes I add a little season bread crumbs.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Oh with a bit of marinara dipping sauce. I think I have tomorrow's dinner planned.
Marinara, that's an idea. If i were going to be home that would be our dinner as well. I'm going out with al the kids and granbabies and the DH can't wait.Pizza,pasta, sammies of choice, what will it be for me for me?

ma
Old 10-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I think a sausage with green peppers, olives and onions sounds good.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I think a sausage with green peppers, olives and onions sounds good.
Soounds pretty good to me. I think is what it might be.
ma
Old 10-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

These sound delicious, thanks Kades
Old 10-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
These sound delicious, thanks Kades
These are so good. enjoy
kades

Tags