Perfect Asparagus Every Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
I found a new way to get al dente Asparagas every time and it can't be simpler.

Take it out of the plastic bag from the super and trim the ends all at once. Rinse then remove the band. Place back in the bag and Micro for 3 minutes. Remove and fill the bag with cold water. Plate and let cool further. I have done this 5 times now and they come out perfect.

I am not going to worry about the plastic releasing some toxin since it never gets that hot. I have placed plenty of toxins in my body intentionaly through the years.

4meandthem said:
I found a new way to get al dente Asparagas every time and it can't be simpler.

Take it out of the plastic bag from the super and trim the ends all at once. Rinse then remove the band. Place back in the bag and Micro for 3 minutes. Remove and fill the bag with cold water. Plate and let cool further. I have done this 5 times now and they come out perfect.

I am not going to worry about the plastic releasing some toxin since it never gets that hot. I have placed plenty of toxins in my body intentionaly through the years.

Great idea, 4me!

Don't they taste SO much better? YUMMY

I have been micro steaming all my veggies including corn on the cob for several years now. No water or anything needed. Very healthy because no vits and mins are lost in the pot and veggies are never water logged. I just put the cleaned and rinsed veggies in a micro safe container and cover with one of those microwave plate "domes" and zap a few minutes at a time till veggies turn bright in color and a tender crisp.

I just want to be able to get my fork into my veggies. I hate when I go into the restaurant and the veggie is more raw than cooked and you have to pick it up and eat it with you hands. For some chefs, al dente means you have to have the teeth of a dog to eat the food. It is like chewing on a bone. I have had squash served to me in cubes and they were almost raw. But I am learning. Now I tell the waitperson no veggie please. :ermm:

I hear you, Addie. I also have a problem with so called "perfectly cooked" veggies that I get in restaurants.

I hear you, Addie. I also have a problem with so called "perfectly cooked" veggies that I get in restaurants.

I want to meet the chef that started this fad of almost raw food. I would yank all his teeth and make him eat what he created. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom