Poll: What is your favorite vegetable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What VEGGIES do you like the best?

• Root (potato, carrot, turnip, onion, etc)

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Squash (yellow, zucchini, acorn squash, etc)

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Leafy (spinach, romaine, chicory, etc)

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Stalks (celery, rhubarb, asparagus)

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Pepper (Bell, jalepeno, chile, etc)

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Legume (green bean, pea, wax bean, etc)

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Others (artichoke, cactus leaves, eggplant etc)

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
I think I like one from each category!
but i went with the potatoes since they are the most versatile!

I voted for legumes only because I like all the veggies listed there. I enjoy all veggies except cooked spinach (love it raw)collards ( don't touch it with a ten foot pole). Anything else I adore.

I do love potatoes fixed in an aray of ways but I am also a huge fan of fresh asparagus......I could eat it till I make myself sick :). But if I have a plate in front of me with a potato dish and fresh asparagus..........I'll go for the asparagus first.

Learn something new everyday..........I didn't know rhubarb was a veggie.....hmmmmmm!

Last edited:
It's easier for me to list the veges I DON'T like, because the list is shorter. We are very lucky in my part of the world, because we get a huge range of veges all year round, including a lot of Asian-type veges - bok choy, etc.

I really cannot handle pumpkin or turnips in any shape or form. And broad beans are just plain AWFUL. :sick:

I will eat a white sweet potato, or a purple one, but the yellow one is my favourite by far.

There are some veges I haven't tried, so can't comment: okra, rutabaga, kudzu and others not available in my part of the world. I survive very well without them!

Nobody has yet mentioned Fennel bulb. I like it. I can eat a lot of mushrooms, too!

Veges - gotta luv 'em!

I tried to pick all but the poll doesn't work that way....WAH!!! Would you classify tomatoes (I know, it is a fruit) in the "others" catagory?

I am SQUASHER... but I also love cucumbers,cauliflower,fried okra,asparagus,cooked cabbage,and bell peppers... are among my favorittes... I like this thread;)

I think if it has a seed it is a fruit.
beans are not vegetables, I don't think.
I wish I could stand parsnips, it is just about the only thing I don't like.

Corn is my all time most consumed favorite, but I wasn't sure which category it fell under, so I went with second best, squash! Mainly winter squash, and then primarily butternut or acorn. I like summer squash, and even zucchini, but those are rarely consumed as Mrs. Big Dog t'aint fond of them. :(

Potatoes, asparagus, corn, tomatoes (although not really a veg, as previously pointed out) are all serious contenders, but I couldn't live without leafy greens - gotta have my spinach, lettuce, etc.

I don't think I could say what my favorite is - it may change from one time to the next - anything except collards and cooked spinach.

Back
Top Bottom