Potato cups-rec idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My little grandkids love these and gobble them up :LOL: This will make 2 servings. One thinkg I like about it is it works as well for breakfast as for dinner and with some good ideas, might be a nice lunch as well.
butter well 2-6.oz custard baking cups.Then stir 1-1/2 c. coarsely grated potato, 1/2-c. your favorite cheese, cheddar, monterey jack pepperjack,1-Tab. grated or finely minced onion, I've used yellow and like the looks of a sliced up green onion,1/4tea. seasoned salt, dash tabasco or more, and a grating o two of fresh nutmeg. Mix all of the above well and press into your cups. top each one with a pat of butter.Then put into a 375 oven til done about 50 min. During the summer when I have fresh tomatoes, I like to slice them fairly thick and put the cold tomato on top of the potatoes when I take them from the oven, then put a dab or sour cream on top of the tomato:)
kadesma

Saltygreasybacon said:
Sounds yummy, you wouldn't happen to have a picture of these little creations?
I don't salty,
that is one thing I've never done is take any pictures. I see so many here that people have shared with us that I've been thinking of trying it, but I dont know if the camera will let me:LOL: If I get the chance and make some more anytime soon, I'll get one of my girls to take a pic.

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom