Quick And Easy Fried Potatoes Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They sell them in a jar in the delicatessen section of some supermarkets.

Substitution for Pepadews are red Anaheim chilies if that helps.

Yes it does help, thanks! It will be a couple of days until we next go out shopping, but when we do I will make every effort to get this stuff and give it a try, and will let everyone know how it works out!

Wow, just when I think I have seen every possible way to fix potatoes, I find two new potato recipes in one day at DC! This looks great!

:)Barbara

potato_cake.jpg

Thanks.

I made three patties and one egg.

Was going to save Wife a patty.

Ummm ..... Nope.

OK, my wife gave me a treat today: Pepadews! I made the potatoes tonight, and everyone agreed they were great just as is with no toppings. Adding the toppings made them better, and the sauce was awesome, not overpowering. They agreed you didn't need the topping for them to be great, but it was good with it.
Thanks Ol-Blue for the recipe, it was great! A new favorite way of making potatoes :)

OK, my wife gave me a treat today: Pepadews! I made the potatoes tonight, and everyone agreed they were great just as is with no toppings. Adding the toppings made them better, and the sauce was awesome, not overpowering. They agreed you didn't need the topping for them to be great, but it was good with it.
Thanks Ol-Blue for the recipe, it was great! A new favorite way of making potatoes :)

You have a nice wife...How did you make the sauce? I have to agree with you, these are my favorite way to fix potatoes now. Thanks for letting me know.

I started with a cup of sour cream, then added a dry white wine until it got to a consistency I like (I used less than 1/4 cup, but not by much, I didn't want it runny I like sauces thick), then added in the Pepadews. Didn't cook it or heat it, just served it up that way, dolloped on the top of the potatoes.
I think we all agreed that next time we would put a dollop on the side instead of putting it directly on the potatoes.

I started with a cup of sour cream, then added a dry white wine until it got to a consistency I like (I used less than 1/4 cup, but not by much, I didn't want it runny I like sauces thick), then added in the Pepadews. Didn't cook it or heat it, just served it up that way, dolloped on the top of the potatoes.
I think we all agreed that next time we would put a dollop on the side instead of putting it directly on the potatoes.

Great...I'll have to find some Pepadews and try it now. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom