Radish Sandwiches and Daikon Radishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
Don't laugh, a little butter, radishes and salt on bread or a roll..yummy! I recently tried it with Daikon radishes. I prefer them to regular. The flavor is a little softer but still strong radish flavored.

Great in salads too and much easier to clean....

When I was a little girl my mom and I used to eat radish and roquefort cheese sandwiches.

It was the first thing I was allowed to make on my own in the kitchen with a little child's knife. I was probably 3 or 4.

I still love them.

But I doubt if I would use daikon, as now I associate that so directly with asian foods.

" a little butter, radishes and salt on bread "

That's how I eat them also!!! My mother used to make a nice radish soup. Don't have a clue how she did it though.

I thought I was the only one who ate radish sandwiches. I don't even need the salt - just buttered bread with sliced radishes. It is the nicest combination of textures I can imagine. But another favorite is cucumber sandwiches, or tomato sandwiches. I just love vegetable sandwiches!

Radish soup

" a little butter, radishes and salt on bread "

That's how I eat them also!!! My mother used to make a nice radish soup. Don't have a clue how she did it though.

If you would like to try her soup I bet you could - I just googled radish soup recipes and there are several. If you recall some of the main ingredients I bet you will be close - like onions or no, shrimp or no, type stock, etc.

One spot has a link to the Radish Council, imagine that. Are not radishes popular in Denmark and surround? If you try radish soup let us know - of course maybe you didn't like mom's. :ohmy::):ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom