REC - Balsamic Baked Tomatoes with Parmesan Crumbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
I got this recipe out of a book from Reader'sDigest called "Cooking Smart for a Healthy Heart". I am buying the ingredients to make this recipe when I go shopping tomorrow. I will let you know how it turns out.

Balsamic Baked Tomatoes with Parmesan Crumbs

4 large tomatoes (8 oz. each)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 slices of whole grain bread (2 oz.)
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons water

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Core tomatoes and cut in half horizontally. Place tomatoes, cut-side up, in a glass baking dish large enough to hold them in a single layer. Sprinkle tomato halves with salt.

2. Place bread in food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. Combine crumbs, Parmesan, and oil in small bowl. Fill tomatoes with crumb mixture.

3. Bake uncovered, until topping begans to brown and tomatoes are heated through, about 25 minutes.

4. Meanwhile, combine balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and water in a small skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until syrupy, about 3 minutes. Drizzle over baked tomatoes.

Sierra - I followed this link from your "What's for dinner" post - I am making this for Mother's Day - I was trying to find something different - this is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kitchenelf, I think this recipe sounds so good and would be a great accompaniment to your dinner. I have not had much luck in making this recipe. I let the tomatoes get too soft. Since I am going to be gone the first part of next week, it will have to wait a few more days. Plus, now I have to buy some more tomatoes. :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom