Roasted Asparagus with warm lemon dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
1 1/2 lb asparagus,woody stems snapped off.
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper

LEMON DRESSING:
1/4 c each fresh lemon juice and minced shallots
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1/3 c olive oil
2 hard cooked eggs,finely chopped

heat oven to 400f.place asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet,drizzle with oilive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.Toss to coat evenly,spread in one layer.Roast 14-18 minutes,depending on thickness,until tips are lightly browned.
Meanwhile,make dressing:whisk all ingredients except oil in a small bowl.Slowly whisk in oil to blend.Arrange asparagus on a platter,drizzle with dressing and garnish with eggs.

glad you liked it elf! yeah i do crave lemon and all things lemony these days,good for sickness :)

Sarah - The asparagus recipe sounds terrific. We love asparagus here and I often use fresh sauted mushrooms with it, but will now definitely try the lemon idea. I'm printing it immediately. Thank you. :D

This recipe sounds great Sarah. I used to make something similar, using asparagus, hard boiled eggs slices, and sharp cheddar on top. I can't recall what I used for the "liquid", perhaps some lemon juice and a bit of broth. I love asparagus, thanks for the recipe.

Oh YUMMY!!!! Makes me so ashamed that it has only been in the last 6-7 years that I tried asparagus again and found that I love it!!! Have always loved lemons though. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!!

Back
Top Bottom