Roasted Broccoli with Lemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
Roasted Broccoli with Lemon

Maybe you've never considered cooking broccoli this way, but roasting yields surprisingly good results. The heat concentrates the flavors and caramelizes the natural sugars. A touch of olive oil gives it a crispy, delicious finish.
Makes 4 servings, 1 cup each

Ingredients:
4 cups broccoli florets
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper
Lemon wedges

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. 2. Toss broccoli with oil, salt and pepper. Place on a large baking sheet (not air-insulated) and roast until the broccoli is tender and blackened on the bottom, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges

No, I haven't. Thanks for the post. Broccoli has been my veggie of choice lately and I'm looking for different ways to have it.

That sounds great Dee, I was asked to bring a veggie dish for Christmas Eve. Now I have one. Thanks.

A great easy recipe, thanks. Here is a variation for you campers and outdoor cooks. Prepare your broccoli as specified. Wrap in aluminum foil and put on the fire, turning several times so it does not burn on one side. I have cooked many veggies this way but broccoli is my favorite.

I just finished eating the oven version......funny how that carmelization changes the flavor sooo drastically!
That sounds like a perfect idea for camping!! You dont have to worry about storing the ingredients in the icebox!!
Thanks for the tip! :)

ALL veggies taste great this way! Beets, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, asparagus, sweet onions, sweet potatoes! oy I LOVE LOVE roasted veggies.

Add some toasted pine nuts or pumpkin seeds for added crunch and flavor.

A tiny bit of butter and / or a dusting of freshly grated parmesan, pecorino, asiago or gruyere is incredibly good as well.

Sprinkle some sea salt on top and it is almost like heaven. :devilish:

:heart:
Z

Perfect

I made this night before last and can't wait to have it again.

I had a few handfuls of baby carrots that I added to the pan and there were NO left overs. Thanks for this one.

Back
Top Bottom