Roasted Brussel Sprouts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to try roasting them, too...wow, that sounds delicious....although my daughters will complain if I smell up the house. For a long time I didn't cook brussels, even though I love them, because my husband claimed he hates them (bad childhood experience with over cooked, bitter veggies). I bought fresh brussels a few months ago and promised my husband that if he didn't like how I prepared them, I wouldn't make him face them again. Like others here, I also sauteed them (having cut them in half, first) with onion and garlic in olive oil & a dab of butter. I used my 10" non-stick omlette pan. Actually, the onion and garlic are started first, only adding the brussels after the onion has started to caramelize a little. After adding the brussels, I only sautee them until they start to turn bright green and their surfaces have caramelized a little, then the heat gets turned down, and a lid put on the pan for a couple of minutes so that they can get tender, but not over-cook. This doesn't seem to smell too bad! My husband liked them. The next time, I added mushrooms to the sautee. That was nice. Next time I think I'll try the bacon suggestion.

I like to roast my Brussel's with onion and pine nuts. I'm going to try the roasted mixed root vegetables also. Looks like a good recipe :)

Av

I bought a fresh hank and froze them. I will try the Brussel Sprouts and follow the neat suggestions. Thanks

Drizzle with a bit of reduced balsamic before roasting - really good. At least try a few at first.

I would be afraid the pine nuts would burn if I roasted them in the same pan as the Brussels sprouts. Wouldn't they burn?

Back
Top Bottom