Roasted Fingerling Potato Salad with Garlic-Citrus-Herb Dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
From the "What kind of potato" thread. You can use other types of potatoes for this salad as well, if you cannot find the fingerlings:

Roasted Fingerling Potato Salad with Garlic-Citrus-Herb Dressing

Yield: Approx. 2 cups of dressing, 12-14 servings of Salad

Ingredients:

For the potatoes:
6-7 lbs. of Assorted Fingerling Potatoes
4-5 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme, roughly chopped
Kosher Salt to taste
Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste

For the dressing:
1 c. Mayonnaise
1/2 c. Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
Juice from 2 Lemons
Juice from 1 Lime
4 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Dill
1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Italian Parsley
5-6 Fresh Garlic Cloves
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp. Anchovy Paste
Kosher Salt to Taste
Fresh Cracked Pepper to Taste

Method:

In a food processor or blender, combine all of the dressing ingredients except for salt and pepper. Blend until all of the ingredients are well incorporated. Let the sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to let the flavors develop.

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut all of the potatoes in halves, and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the oil, herbs, salt, and pepper, and lightly toss the potatoes until they are all well coated with the mixture. Lay them face up on baking sheets, and roast until the tops turn a light golden brown and the potatoes are tender, but not overly soft, about 20-30 minutes. Let cool about 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are warm, but not overly hot. Toss with the dressing and serve warm, or let chill in the refrigerator in the dressing and serve cold.

Last edited:
ironchef, thanks so much for posting this on it's own thread!
One question: I don't use anchovy paste (nothing out of the ocean for me) - is there another ingredient I could use to substitute? I know the flavor wouldn't be the same, but is there something else you could recommend?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom