Roasted Leeks-tnt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Lunch was yummy today...I roasted about 1 lb. of leeks with some evoo and white wine..salt and lots of fresh ground black pepper, coarse grind. When almost done I sprinkled on some fresh grated french bread crumbs mixed with butter and parmesan cheese, fresh thyme and continued to bake them about 10 minutes to brown up the bread and cheese...Served with some warm french bread and a small green salad with apples and toasted walnuts...yummy..
kadesma:)

Another winner!

Paul would love these!! Thank you Kadesma.

Have a great day!!!!

Of all the recipes that I have read so far, this one made me very hungry. Thanks for sharing.

I had a salad with currants last week and it was so good.

I have sprinkled wheat germ on my leeks before and that's good too.

I have never made leeks but I think I may just give it a shot. This sounds good.

Of all the recipes that I have read so far, this one made me very hungry. Thanks for sharing.

I had a salad with currants last week and it was so good.

I have sprinkled wheat germ on my leeks before and that's good too.
Glad I tweeked your appetite. I love the fact that we all share here at DC...It makes it so much fun seeing what others like to eat and trying some of the recipes here at home.I love currants and use them often..In a salad is one of my favorites.

I have never made leeks but I think I may just give it a shot. This sounds good.
It took me a long time to try leeks, and now I hunt for recipes just so I can use them..Love the flavor..I want to try leek soup again..it's creamy, mild and smooth.

You had me at "leeks", Kadesma! It sounds great!!:)
Thanks Loprraine:)
The older I get the more I love all the veggies...This recipe turned out so good..There was just a little bit left and I hid it for tomorrow:LOL:
kades:angel:

These sounds really good and I have some leeks in the fridge! Thanks for posting.

I don't even know what a leek is. I was hoping to see a pic because I see people talking about them here all the time.
Sounds like a good recipe, I hope my store sells them....

lol, yeah, I just Googled leek and read about it (briefly) on wiki. I probably never noticed them in the store because they look like scallions..... something I don't eat.

lol, yeah, I just Googled leek and read about it (briefly) on wiki. I probably never noticed them in the store because they look like scallions..... something I don't eat.
They do look like scallions/green onions, but are milder...You might enjoy the flavor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom