Roasted Onion Recipe...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okey, dokey.

One of my favorite ways to bake onions, especially Vidalias, is to peel, and core the stem end (using a fruit baller), then insert one beef bouillon cube and a teaspoon of butter, NO margarine into the cavity. One onion per person in this case. Place the onions, cavity up, in a baking dish. Add about a 1/4-inch of water in the dish, cover tightly with foil and bake at 350F for about an hour.
Omigosh! Soooooo good! Especially with steak or beef roast.

Inspired by this thread, I made this tonight
Had to veganize it ( Mushroom bullion instead of beef, vegan butter ( basically margarine) instead of butter). Even with the changes , it was really good. Kinda tasted like and onion soup infused onion. Its great when something so simple is so good. Cant wait to make it again!

No steak or beef roast though :)

Okey, dokey.

One of my favorite ways to bake onions, especially Vidalias, is to peel, and core the stem end (using a fruit baller), then insert one beef bouillon cube and a teaspoon of butter, NO margarine into the cavity. One onion per person in this case. Place the onions, cavity up, in a baking dish. Add about a 1/4-inch of water in the dish, cover tightly with foil and bake at 350F for about an hour.

Omigosh! Soooooo good! Especially with steak or beef roast.
This sounds delicious. How do you make them stay cavity side up?

Mmm, I love onions so I will look forward to cook it. :)

But it feels a little sad, like a plate for a very poor times...

Well Sandrii - onions were a poor mans meal back then. Green vegetables were often not seen until the next growing season. Meat was often not seen at all for the poor.

So you are right... a plate for poor times...

we are rather privilaged.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom