Roasting Jerusalem Artichokes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
I picked some jerusalem artichokes from the store today. I have never cooked them before and I was hoping that I could roast them with the rest of the vegetables I have tonight. I looked online and saw that you can steam, saute, and roast them, but my question is do I have to roast them with the skin on and cut them after they are done, or can I peel them and cut them into chunks before roasting? Also, how long would they take to roast, I was assuming anywhere from 30-40 minutes at 350?

happy to see someone actually uses Jerusalem artichokes.
I used to ions ago. have recently seen them in the market but didn't get 'em cause you had to buy the whole box and I only wanted one or maybe two. I remember them going bad and getting soft quickly or gooshy.

I know this is an old thread, but the link that Jeekinz posted to StephenCooks, I thought was worth a bump. This guy was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 last year and he has revised some dishes to suit but irrespecitive of that, my mouth was watering scrolling down the page and felt the need to share this with someone!!!! ;-)

I need a "Drool-Buddy"!!!!

This blog is now in my favourites list. Thank you Jeekinz!

Back
Top Bottom