Roasting vegetables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redrabbit

Assistant Cook
How long do vegetables take to cook in the oven.

Say on 200C (390F) and on the middle-lower shelf?

Just wondering as I am cooking lamb tomorrow in the oven, and want to roast the veg too.

Thanks everyone.

depends on the density and size of the vegetables. cut veggies in slices wedges or cubes of similar size...anywhere from 30 min to an hour at that temp. But uniform size is important so they all cook at the same time. THings like tomatoes take an hour at 350F, asparagus takes 15 to 20 min at 400F if it is large, etc. So if you are puting carrots potatoes onions and parsnips around a leg of lamb, go for wedges 1/6 of the whole veg, or uniform bias cuts on the carrot and parsnip, about 45 min should be enough, but be ready to go for an hour.

It is carrots sliced long ways.
Brocolli
and Cauliflower.

I may just boil them as I'd hate the lamb to be ready and have half cooked vegetables! :(

How cooked through does that make the vegetables? Most of my life I liked them thoroughly cooked, but lately I've been eating them only slightly cooked. What I've been reading lately says that over cooking vegetables destroys their nutritional value, which is a bummer becuse that is how I like them.

redrabbit said:
It is carrots sliced long ways.
Brocolli
and Cauliflower.

I may just boil them as I'd hate the lamb to be ready and have half cooked vegetables! :(
The cauli and carrots will take longer than the broccoli. Give the c & c 25 minutes and add the broccoli after 10 minutes. but don't forget the unpeeled garlic cloves! :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom