Sanet Batates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the dish looks really good. not to sure why it would be served over rice. aren't the potatoes enough starch in one meal? it will work at the highest setting on american oven. lets not beat a dead horse.

the dish looks really good. not to sure why it would be served over rice. aren't the potatoes enough starch in one meal? it will work at the highest setting on american oven. lets not beat a dead horse.

I'm not beating a dead horse. Just trying to explain that the recipe asceritten is very dangerous. Pyrex can explode in your face on a burner.

I'm not beating a dead horse. Just trying to explain that the recipe as written is very dangerous. Pyrex can explode in your face on a burner.

Also suggesting that even though you could, as you point out, execute the recipe at 500, you might have tastier results at lower heat.

I read all the comments about this recipe. Well, I'd like to point out some points. This recipe needs only a high temperature in the oven but not that extremely high temperature as you all said. But when I pointed out that it needs to be cooked at 300oC, this is a high temperature for my oven, but it is the (usual high) not that extremely high. I know that temperature is temperature, even when you convert it from oC to oF. But what I want to say is that the highest temperature in my electric oven is 300oC (made in Turkey), and I also have a stove with a gas oven who's highest temperature is 280oC (made in Italy).
So these high temperature in the ovens is very common in our houses here. May be the temperature do not really reach this high, I never checked. But this is the temperature that you need to bake a potato or cook a lasagna. It is high but not extremely high.
And I am also going to check on the internet about this variation in temperature between countries.

I bake lasagna and most stuff at 350F (175C), including baked potatoes and they come out fine.

Many of my Danish recipes call for baking at 200C (~400F).

Back
Top Bottom