Sauteed green beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vagriller

Head Chef
We have green beans at my house a lot, and Wed night I wanted to try something a little different. I sauteed them in butter and threw some salt, pepper, and garlic powder (didn't have any fresh garlic:mad:). Then as it was cooking I opened the fridge and found a lemon so I grated some zest from it. It was very good! The smell of that lemon cooking was great too. I'd never used lemon zest before.

Sounds wonderful, will have to try some lemon zest..Thanks for sharing your idea.

kadesma:)

Delicious!

Next time, try these favourites:

Blanch the green beans for 2 minutes, then sauté quickly with sesame seeds and a little hot chili pepper.

OR sauté with garlic, red pepper and grated coconut.

A friend of the family will fry cut up bacon until almost done, add green beans and a little meat seasoning to taste. They are really good, but, really bad for the arteries. LOL

VAgriller, I'm going to have to say this to you too! You've never cooked with lemon zest before? I'm shocked, shocked I say, just shocked! I'd never used it either until about 4 years ago. Now, every lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit...any citrus that comes into this house is zested and juiced.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom