Sauteing 20 ounces of spinach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can do it in a large pan, or just do it in batches...once it is cooking though, it will cook down really quickly.
Once cooked done, it will seem like very little.

you could always use the frozen stuff. might not be as good but when you cant find it it shouldb e a perfect replacement in this dish after its defrosted and dried

Actually, 20 ounces of spinach isn't a whole lot. Bagged spinach comes in 10-12-ounce bags, & bunches range around 16 ounces. I've cooked 2-3 of both without any problem whatsoever.

Eight frying pans? I don't think so. Maybe just one semi-large pot - like the kind you'd cook pasta in.

This recipe asks me to saute 20 ounces (over half a kilo) of spinach. That's quite a lot. How am I meant to do this? I think it's about eight frying pans-worth. Can it be done in a large saucepan?

You will be surprised how little of it will be left after you've sauteed it! I would just use a large saute pan and keep adding more as the spinach shrinks into the pan.

I love dishes like this. They are so delicious and appealing, and can be done ahead!

After you saute 20 ounces of spinach, it will have shrunk down to about 2 cups/500ml in volume.

You can start it in a large pot to contain the raw volume and facilitate mixing, or you can saute in batches.

Back
Top Bottom