Scalloped potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a delicious thread...talk about comfort food.
Thank you Bliss :).
Bolas, your recipe sounds so interesting and I just happen to have some puff pastry and fresh tarragon growing in my herb garden.

What a delicious thread...talk about comfort food.
Thank you Bliss :).
Bolas, your recipe sounds so interesting and I just happen to have some puff pastry and fresh tarragon growing in my herb garden.
Mollyanne, you are just too nice, thank you. I found I liked the crockpot scalloped potatoes better than the oven baked, they were more 'saucy' even though they were made the same way. The lid on the crockpot kept the moisture in the dish.

Lots of good ideas, thank you!

Jansson's Temptation is my favorite scalloped potato recipe. If you don't like anchovies, you can substitute pickled herring or smoked salmon...

Jansson's Temptation (Janssons Frestelse) Recipe - Allrecipes.com

This is similar to mine except I use milk (about 2/3 c) and cream (1-1/2 c) and Swedish anchovies (the brine is different--you can get them at IKEA). I also bake the dish for about 10 minutes and then add about 1/2 of the heated cream and milk, and add more after about 45 minutes...I could eat this every day...and I cut my potatoes in slices...and sweat the onions first, but otherwise it's almost the same <g>. I like it even better the second day. This is one of my top 5 comfort foods...

Back
Top Bottom