Shallots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have found that I've fallen in love with these little guys!

Told ya! Now you understand why I always have some in my veggie bin. You'll soon discover they can be used in sooooo many dishes. Wonderful little bulbs. Pretty, too, aren't they?

The ones we had Sunday night with our roasted carrots were fabulous since they caramelized beautifully.

Told ya! Now you understand why I always have some in my veggie bin. You'll soon discover they can be used in sooooo many dishes. Wonderful little bulbs. Pretty, too, aren't they?

The ones we had Sunday night with our roasted carrots were fabulous since they caramelized beautifully.

Yes to all of that!

I don't like the texter of onions so I alwas carmalize mine. I now have to find a cheaper source for these so I can use them more often!!!;)

very versatile, great in salad dressings, potato salad and other spud dishes, shallots are also great as a side savory...peal them and braise them in beef broth with thyme (or a strong herb and veg broth)...they make a beautiful side dish to chops or steaks that way. Put them around roasts like other root vegies. yum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom