Shredding cabbage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Is there an easier way to shred cabbage for cole slaw? I have a food processor and was wondering if it would do the trick for me and speed up things up for dinner tonight.

Usually I go with pdswife's approach.

It is easier for me to use the knife for a minute or two than have to clean the whizzer.

Or if I want the stuff a bit thinner will go with a box grater.

Just my take, God bless.

Any more, I usually buy the pre-chopped slaw mix...but when I do make it from scratch, I just do it with a knife. As pdswife says, it only takes a few minutes, and is a lot easier than cleaning up the food processor.
Thing about the slaw mix is that it already has some shredded red cabbage and grated carrots...it's actually cheaper to buy that than all the stuff to make it.

Our one and only grocery store (SuperWalmart) is now offering broccislaw. Have any of you, by chance, tried that?

Dina said:
Is there an easier way to shred cabbage for cole slaw? I have a food processor and was wondering if it would do the trick for me and speed up things up for dinner tonight.
I don't eat all that much cabbage, but when I'm craving a cole slaw I tend to chop my cabbage in the food processor :)

use knife or mandoline, but your food processor probably has a slicing attachment that works well. If you put it in the bowl with the regular blade it will chop it up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom