Slow Cooker Escalloped Corn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
I make this every year, and double it. After initial cooking, it travels well. We take the slow cooker to BIL's and plug it back in. Have never had leftovers!

Adapted from 365 Favorite Brand Name Slow Cooker Recipes

2 T butter
1/2 c chopped onion
1/4 c finely chopped red and/or green peppers
3 T all purpose flour
1 c milk
4 c frozen corn, thawed
1/2 t dried thyme
1/4 t black pepper
1/8 t ground nutmeg
1/2 c shredded cheddar
2 T grated Parmesan

Cook onion and peppers in butter till tender. Add flour. Cook over medium heat, stir constantly, 1 minute. Add milk, bring to boil, stir constantly until thickened.

Coarsely chop half the corn in food processor or blender. Combine milk mixture, chopped and whole corn kernels, and spices in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until bubbly around the edge. Stir in cheeses.

I make this every year, and double it. After initial cooking, it travels well. We take the slow cooker to BIL's and plug it back in. Have never had leftovers!

2 T butter
1/2 c chopped onion
3 T all purpose flour
1 c milk
4 c frozen corn, thawed
1/2 t dried thyme
1/4 t black pepper
1/8 t ground nutmeg
1/2 c shredded cheddar
2 T grated Parmesan

Cook onion and peppers in butter till tender. Add flour. Cook over medium heat, stir constantly, 1 minute. Add milk, bring to boil, stir constantly until thickened.

Coarsely chop half the corn in food processor or blender. Combine milk mixture, chopped and whole corn kernels, and spices in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until bubbly around the edge. Stir in cheeses.
YUM,YUM, YUM C&P thanks dawg. I'll get this going then run for the hills when the kids get their noses in smell mode. This looks wonderful. Thanks again.
kades:yum:

kadesma said:
YUM,YUM, YUM C&P thanks dawg. I'll get this going then run for the hills when the kids get their noses in smell mode. This looks wonderful. Thanks again.
kades:yum:

Thanks, Kades! Hope you enjoy!

2 T butter
1/2 c chopped onion
3 T all purpose flour
1 c milk
4 c frozen corn, thawed
1/2 t dried thyme
1/4 t black pepper
1/8 t ground nutmeg
1/2 c shredded cheddar
2 T grated Parmesan

Dawgluver, I just made this tonight and it was awesome! I think I"ll back off a bit on the Thyme. It tasted a bit strong for me. Good, but strong.

I doubled the recipe, so I may have just put too much in anyway.

While I was cooking it, I thought of about 6 variations to it using other veggies like a Tater/Broccoli one and a Califlower one.

Thanks for the great recipe!

Timothy said:
Dawgluver, I just made this tonight and it was awesome! I think I"ll back off a bit on the Thyme. It tasted a bit strong for me. Good, but strong.

I doubled the recipe, so I may have just put too much in anyway.

While I was cooking it, I thought of about 6 variations to it using other veggies like a Tater/Broccoli one and a Califlower one.

Thanks for the great recipe!

Thanks so much, Timothy! Sorry the thyme wasn't to your taste, I grow my own and can't get enough. The dry may be stronger.

I am anxious to hear about your variations!

Will be making it tomorrow for the annual trip to BIL's, I bring it in the CP, with the cheese in separate baggie, to stir in later.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Back
Top Bottom