Spaghetti Squash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love it baked, then served in the skin with butter, garlic salt and pepper. I expect to see it often in the future as I'm trying to reduce my carb intake.

I enjoy all the squash seeds too.

Last night I stabbed the squash with all my fury I could muster. I put it in a 350 degree F oven for 75 minutes.
Cut it open, scrapped out the seeds and pulp, put the extra in a container for another day, ate a helping with butter S&P. It's a good low carb vegetable.

It's not spaghetti. It's not bad though, IMHO. I've roasted it, shredded, and decked it out in spaghetti sauce and parm, which would make an old sock edible. Haven't tried it in the microwave. Not sure how it would be after freezing.

The FB video is what inspired me to toss one in my trolley the other day at the market!

It is in the oven right now, baking as indicated in the video.

I was worried about it being too large but now that I have opened it up I think it will be more guts and hide than actual squash! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
I do lots of stuff with it. I cook mine in the microwave. 5 minutes whole. Split removed seeds, place cut side down in a casserole dish, with 1/2 cup water, microwave for 8 minutes remove, cool and take out strands with a fork. I do freeze mine and it does suffer a bit. I try to use the frozen for things like "spaghettie and sauce" I use it in the place of lo mien noodles. I made "hash browns" last night, with onions and topped with cheese. you can do hash browns in a muffin tin. One thing I found is the more water you can take out of them the better they are. I want to try them in a spaghetti bake soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom