Spinach Bake w/Herbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Maloney

Senior Cook
We enjoy this Spinach Bake. Hope you do too :yum:

SPINACH BAKE W/HERBS

10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry.
1 cup cooked Rice
1/3 cup Milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp. Salt
2 Tblsp. Onion, chopped
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated (or jack, or....)
2 Tblsp. Butter, melted
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. Rosemary

Mix everything in a bowl. Spray or oil a baking dish. Spread ingredients in the baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes.

I make something very similar without the cheese and cook them up in patties. Love the addition of cheese and baking it, this just may end up on the table @ Thanksgiving!

I've made this many many times and it always comes out good. Be careful not to overbake, it will dry out. Check doneness, when a knife comes out clean.
I wonder how this would work with zucchini? Grate the Zucchini. Maybe cut back on the milk to compensate for the moisture in the zucchini?

Last edited:
This sounds lovely :) Do you think I could use some cooked mini pasta shells istead of the rice? I have some in the fridge and all the other ingredients. This might be nice for lunch today. Think the pasta should work and my kids love spinach and cheese bake.

Chef, could you add meat to this, such as chicken mince?
This looks like a "starter meal", Kylie! You can stick anything in there that will cook in 20 mins+ at 350 F. I'll pass this recipe on to The Kid when she gets back from Cal, and I know that she'll try couscous for the rice and coconut milk instead of the cows' variety. But we'll both keep the Worcestershire sauce! :)
Thanks for a nice recipe, chef.
Cheers

This sounds lovely :) Do you think I could use some cooked mini pasta shells istead of the rice? I have some in the fridge and all the other ingredients. This might be nice for lunch today. Think the pasta should work and my kids love spinach and cheese bake.

Well I don't see why not. I've only made it this one way w/rice. It is delicious.
But you all are my 'test kitchen'. Let me know how it turns out. ;)

Well I don't see why not. I've only made it this one way w/rice. It is delicious.
But you all are my 'test kitchen'. Let me know how it turns out. ;)

Test kitchen reporting back chef :LOL: made it with the pasta shells for lunch, added a bit more cheese (just because you can never have too much cheese). It was scrummy, thank you!

This looks like a "starter meal", Kylie! You can stick anything in there that will cook in 20 mins+ at 350 F. I'll pass this recipe on to The Kid when she gets back from Cal, and I know that she'll try couscous for the rice and coconut milk instead of the cows' variety. But we'll both keep the Worcestershire sauce! :)
Thanks for a nice recipe, chef.
Cheers

Test kitchen reporting back chef :LOL: made it with the pasta shells for lunch, added a bit more cheese (just because you can never have too much cheese). It was scrummy, thank you!

great Snip, I will have to try that. Thank you. You may now return to the lab and some other duties :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom