Stuffed Avocados

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just had avocados for the first time a month ago or so. I believe it was Rocklobster who told me how to pick the ripe ones from the store. I grilled the halves and stuffed with corn and black bean salsa. The warm avocado and cold salsa was nice.

I just had avocados for the first time a month ago or so. I believe it was Rocklobster who told me how to pick the ripe ones from the store. I grilled the halves and stuffed with corn and black bean salsa. The warm avocado and cold salsa was nice.

Good golly Pac!! I can't imagine how you've gotten through life with just now having your first avocado!! What's taken you so long? :ermm::LOL:

I bet the salsa of yellow corn and black beans were down right purdy in that green avocado!! :chef:

Good golly Pac!! I can't imagine how you've gotten through life with just now having your first avocado!! What's taken you so long? :ermm::LOL:

I bet the salsa of yellow corn and black beans were down right purdy in that green avocado!! :chef:

Oh there's all kinds of things in the produce department that I haven't eaten, let alone know what they are even called :LOL:

Carnivore...:angel:

Well... yeah. :D
I love my veggies, but just the basics. And I'm not a big fruit eater, especially when buying fresh fruit is an open invitation for the fruit flies to move in. I wish something could be done about that :mad: So kiwi, eggplant, turnips, parsnips (if there's a difference), all those funny looking cabages, all those new varieties of oranges, any squash that doesn't start with Z... there's lots of stuff I don't even have a passing interest to try. But if a recipe calls for something, like those grilled avocados with the salsa, then I get adventurous and try something new.

I love my veggies, but just the basics. And I'm not a big fruit eater, especially when buying fresh fruit is an open invitation for the fruit flies to move in. I wish something could be done about that :mad: So kiwi, eggplant, turnips, parsnips (if there's a difference), all those funny looking cabages, all those new varieties of oranges, any squash that doesn't start with Z... there's lots of stuff I don't even have a passing interest to try. But if a recipe calls for something, like those grilled avocados with the salsa, then I get adventurous and try something new.

I like Bacon, Avocado and Tomato sandwiches, with a little garlic aoli.:pig:

I call 'em BAT sandwiches...

I found a couple of the most beautiful avocados today. I also picked up a pound of frozen wild caught 91/xxx shrimp (cleaned, of course).

One of my favorite dinners is a simple shrimp salad stuffed avocado.

Do you stuff your avocados and if so, with what?:chef:

Yummy! I love acacados and shrimp.:chef:

pacanis said:

We had fruit flies until I started rinsing DH's bananas. They seem to be the major players. I also rinse all other produce and promptly refrigerate it. We also have a countertop compost pail, which seemed to draw them. I cut a small plastic coke bottle in half across the middle, put the funnel part upside down in the bottom section with the neck pointing down, and put a bit of cider vinegar in it. Fruit flies get in, but they can't get out, and drown in the vinegar. Works like a charm!

Of course, this has much to do with avocado recipes...oh yeah, rinse the avocados too!

I, too, am totally amazed that one could reach adulthood without having some sort of avocado product! A true carnivore, Pac!

Last edited:
lol, really guys, it wasn't hard.

I like that idea for the BAT, PF.

Avocados are totally on my grocery list now. I LOVE avocados but I don't buy them much because I didn't have any creative ideas like these! I especially like the idea of stuffing them with corn and black bean salad - 3 of my favorite foods all in one... doesn't get much better than that. Thanks for the inspiration Z!!

Here they are. I don't have a picture of them by themselves.

Attachments

• grilled tuna,corn,avocado 6-24-11-4.jpg
    grilled tuna,corn,avocado 6-24-11-4.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 265

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom