Stuffed Baby Capsicums w/Goat Cheese & Chicken Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
Stuffed Baby Capsicums

First, I took the sausages out of the casings, broke apart the meat, and cooked them.

I cut them in half but left them intact at the stem end, seeded and removed larger membranes with a very tiny knife.

Mixed goat cheese with 3 different kinds of chicken sausage - a basil sausage, a chipotle sausage, and a something else kind of chicken sausage. I mixed them all together with the goat cheese, stuffed the peppers, coated with olive oil and sprinkled with kosher salt then cooked them on the panini grill.

They were great as a little side item on our salad plate.

These sound wonderful, KE, TX! And I'll bet they look really pretty - did you use those packages of 'baby' peppers in red, yellow and green?

I have a feeling this picture is going to be huge - MJ - help!!!!!

jsps_ke.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
(licking monitor) wow elfie, that looks great!!!! i'm saving this recipe.
i grow a lot of peppers in the summer which have to be picked young before the bugs get to them (organic garden), so i can't wait to make this, thanks.
i wonder if anyone knows what small worm bug invades peppers (even hot cherry and jalapeno), and what can be done to control them.

Bucky, I will try to find out for you. I used to be a Master Gardener a few years back, but am sadly out of practice and latent knowledge. Let me see if I can find any of my reference books.

Oh yum!!! You must have interesting sausages in your neck of the woods, I have never seen a chicken sausage!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom