Stuffed Peppers rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RDG said:
I've read that non so many love anchovies, but....really, in this dish, you MUST add them in fillets. Please, try and taste....:chef:
If you allow me, always in peppers theme, I suggest you a peperonade, made at the fashion of my region , Lombardy, in the north of Italy:
Cut in slices yellow and red big peppers with some onions, and cook them with some garlic in evoo. When they are soft, add a can of tomatoes and leave them underboil for a ten minutes. You can add the flavours you like: I usually add parsley, basil and thym.
Salt them.
Yust two minutes before serving, add a big spoon of cherry marmalade, and mix. (no anchovies, please....:LOL: ).Try them....
RDG,
this recipe looks good. Since we are fond of peppers, we will give it a try. My husbands mom was from Genoa, and didn't use peppers often. My grandparents had friends from Italy and these friends brought the idea of peppers to him and my grandmother and here we are today. Anchovies, now, I've no problem with them, I love them and use them often..But, not in your wonderful pepper dish..Thanks so much for sharing with us..I hope I can return the favor someday.

kadesma:)

Piccolina said:
I really like the idea of using red bell peppers, or perhaps a mix of orange and red, thank-you! I just adore pepper recipes assuming they stay on the mild side :)
I did not ever know untill this thread, there was such a thing as Stuffed Peppers that was NOT:
Green Bell Peppers, hollowed out and stuffed with Spanish Rice,
Baked till done.
Serve

Am I the only ignorant person like that?:(

BTW: They are delicious...and good for you too.:-p

Chatwon said:
I did not ever know untill this thread, there was such a thing as Stuffed Peppers that was NOT:
Green Bell Peppers, hollowed out and stuffed with Spanish Rice,
Baked till done.
Serve

Am I the only ignorant person like that?:(

BTW: They are delicious...and good for you too.:-p
Chatwon, I didn't know about stuffing peppers other than green bells, til we were in San Antonio and I had a wonderful meal that featured stuffed poblanos, they were incredible..Now, your post reminded me of the way my grandmother use to make peppers, stuffed with rice..Thanks for reminding me

kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom