Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boufa06

Executive Chef
Zucchini blossoms herald the start of summer and are a specialty. I never fail to collect them from the gardens of relatives and friends to make this special and wonderful dish. Due to their delicate nature, it's best to prepare them on the day of picking.

STUFFED ZUCCHINI BLOSSOMS

Ingredients:
20-25 zucchini blossoms (with inner parts removed)
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup scallions
1 cup grated zucchini
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/3 cup dill, chopped
1 cup rice
2 cup water (approximately)
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper

Method:
In a mixing bowl, combine rice, zucchini, onion, garlic, scallions, dill and 1/4 cup olive oil together. Season with salt and pepper.

Stuff each blossom with a spoonful of filling. Carefully wrap it by folding the top over and place side by side in a pot. Pour the remaining olive oil, sprinkle some salt and pepper and enough water to fill the stuffed blossoms. Place a glass/porcelain plate over it and cook for about an hour, checking periodically to ensure that there is enough water. Cook until all the liquid has been absorbed.

Serve hot or cold as an appetizer or a main dish.

SG, if you can't find zucchini blossoms, you can use any squash flowers. Have not tried them though but I am sure they will taste just the same.:)

Katie E said:
On another note, I've eaten and prepared battered and fried squash/zucchini blossoms without any kind of filling. Really tasty.
Katie, some of the folks here prepare them this way too. Yes simple and tasty.

Another way you can do is to cut them up and make omelette out of them.

pdswife said:
We love these! Thanks for a new way to try them!! Yummy!
When you do make them, your DH will love you for it and this might be another way to your man's heart (through his stomach that is).;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom