Summer Squash Pizza Crust Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Summer Squash Pizza Crust

4 c finely shredded zucchini or yellow summer squash
¾ c flour
¾ c grated Parmesan cheese
½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
2 eggs, beaten
½ tsp ground black pepper
Salt to taste

Preheat oven to 350F.

Once zucchini or summer squash has been shredded (recommended—food processor) lightly salt the squash and transfer it to a strainer. Let stand 15-30 minutes and press all remaining liquid out of the squash.

In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine squash, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, eggs, pepper, and salt. Mix well.

Spread the mixture into a greased and floured jellyroll pan. Bake for 25 minutes.

Remove the crust from the oven and change the oven’s temperature to broil. Brush the top of the crust with oil, and then broil the crust for 3-5 minutes until the top is lightly browned.

Allow the crust to cool slightly and slide spatula underneath all edges and under the middle. Place a large baking sheet over the top of the crust and gently flip the crust over so that the crust is now facing upwards. Because it can be difficult to flip the crust smoothly, it may be necessary to cut the crust in half to facilitate the flipping of the crust.

Brush the top of the crust with oil and broil for another 3-5 minutes until the top is browned. Cover with toppings as desired.

What a cool idea, PA! A pizza without the bread. The zucchini & mozzarella sound like a great combo. Reminds me a little of zucchini pancakes. (Now I don't have to flip them one by one while the rest get cold.) Adding it to my special collection of recipes to try. :) Thank you for sharing the recipe with us. YUM!

Thanks PA. We have a bunch of yellow squash and zucchini. I've been looking for new ways to try them!!

Zucchini pancakes? Can I have the recipe for those too please!!!

Back
Top Bottom