Sun Dried Tomatoes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
What is the best way to incorporate these into a pasta dish.

Im talking a pasta sauce with an olive oil or white wine base.

The sundried tomatoes im talking about are packed in oil.

Do you sautee them or what?

How do you incorporate them into the dish? Talking tossed with like chicken breast rigatoni etc

Mylegsbig said:
What is the best way to incorporate these into a pasta dish.

Im talking a pasta sauce with an olive oil or white wine base.

Do you sautee them or what?

How do you incorporate them into the dish? Talking tossed with like chicken breast rigatoni etc

Add them after you've sauted the onions and garlic, right before you add the liquid if any.

thanks ironchef, you're a helpful man. I only wish i had you here by my side to help with my cooking woes. So many dishes, so little time.

(and so little money)

Mylegsbig said:
thanks ironchef, you're a helpful man. I only wish i had you here by my side to help with my cooking woes. So many dishes, so little time.

(and so little money)

That's the best time to do it. Get the techniques down pat now and then splurge on the exotic stuff once your skill level and bankroll has improved. I'm lucky that my job affords me the opportunity to be able to work with and eat so many different types of foods. It wasn't so long ago that my homecooked meals consisted of mostly pasta and chicken dishes.

Mylegsbig said:
This oil is almost always delicious! If it's a little murkey with tomato bits and ends you can always filter it through a strainer, but I never toss it out. I love to stir a little into the pasta (or whatever dish I'm making with the tomatoes) or save it to drizzle over toasted bread, in salads, over meat, ect - it's so full of the yummy sun dried tomato flavour :)

Back
Top Bottom