Sun dried tomatos, where are they in market?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same here Andy. And I can't figure out what that second item we supposedly order is? Please clue me in.

If a person wants to get the Boston accent down it is very easy. No "R at the end of any word. Labor = Labah If the R is in the beginning or close to it, you would pronounce order as ahdah. We just don't like the letter R. ;)

Yes. I did notice the winking line at the bottom.

Ah sure could go-fer a cole bear right about now. :mrgreen:

As for sun dried tomatoes, I do not think I have seen them in my regular stop, Kroger. As for asking the manager, I overhears a customer and a manager, and a stock-clerk discussing crème fraîche once. I finally butted in and told the customer she could substitute sour creme in a pinch.

Oh, that cole bear is a Texas thing. It comes in six packs of longnecks.

CD

Last edited:
Like medtran, I just slice fresh tomatoes, drizzle with a little olive oil, spread them out on a cookie sheet, and slow roast at 170 for several hours. OMGosh...I could eat those like candy. :yum:

In the grocery store, I think they're found packed in olive oil in the canned tomato aisle. They also have super dried in bags in the produce section - those need to be rehydrated. I've used those in a pinch and they're OK, but I would rather make my own. They'll last a few days in the fridge but any longer than that, they should be popped into the freezer.

Last edited:
In my store they are in 2 locations.
One is in a plastic clamshell container by the snow peas, shiitake mushrooms, okra, endives ( all also in clamshell containers)

the other location is the jarred ones the are stored in olive oil. They are on the shelf near the olives, oils ( which is on the same aisle as the pasta and canned tomato products)

I also make my own. I found one variety of tomato which is bigger than grape but smaller than the plum tomatoes, and are perfect size to dehydrate in my food dehydrator . I cut them in half, put them in the dryer, and usually between 12 - 24 hours that batch is done. Some i cover with olive oil and garlic and store in the fridge for relatively quick use( or snacking on). The others I put in a bag or container and freeze for future use.

At my local grocer the plain dried are in the produce section, oil packed are in the pickle aisle.

BUT... they can be purchased more cheaply at a health food store, costco and stores where they have bulk bins ;)

Ahhh, Thank You. I will sleep wiser tonight.

Yes, our 'Boston Lettuce', often fresh herbs come like that. hmm, lots of things, like mini tomatoes, delicate fruits...

and my favourite.... FRESH CROISSANTS!! :ohmy: :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

never knew that container had a name

Clam Shell

Attachments

• Clam.jpg
    Clam.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 111

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom