Sweet Corn - Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I would blanch first, this way it wont get brown before it's cooked through when you saute.

Barb L said:
I want to saute some fresh sweet corn --do I have to blanch the corn first, or can I just cut it off and fry it ? :huh:
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO SAUTE IT IN BUTTER? I DON'T BLANCH MINE
IF YOU CUT THE KERNALS OFF IN THE SAUTE PAN YOU SHOULD GET SOME
OF THE CORN MILK IF THE CORN IS REALLY SWEET YOU COULD IF YOU WANTED ALSO JUST ADD A BIT OF WATER. HERE IN THE MIDWEST THE
CORN IS SO GOOD YOU COULD JUST EAT IT RAW. I THINK THE WORST THING
TO DO TO A GOOD PIECE OF CORN IS TO COOK IT TO LONG, MAKES IT TOUGH.

CURIOUS WHAT ARE YOU MAKING? JUST SAUTED CORN?

rickell said:
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO SAUTE IT IN BUTTER? I DON'T BLANCH MINE
IF YOU CUT THE KERNALS OFF IN THE SAUTE PAN YOU SHOULD GET SOME
OF THE CORN MILK IF THE CORN IS REALLY SWEET YOU COULD IF YOU WANTED ALSO JUST ADD A BIT OF WATER. HERE IN THE MIDWEST THE
CORN IS SO GOOD YOU COULD JUST EAT IT RAW. I THINK THE WORST THING
TO DO TO A GOOD PIECE OF CORN IS TO COOK IT TO LONG, MAKES IT TOUGH.

CURIOUS WHAT ARE YOU MAKING? JUST SAUTED CORN?
Yes in butter, as a side dish w/ a little onion. Thanks for your help ! :)

There's no need to blanch the corn. That would be like cooking it twice. just saute in butter! Delicious! I'd add some tomato to that, peeled, seeded, diced, and some hot pepper flakes! Yummy in the tummy! :)

I love sauteeing fresh corn! Cut if off the cob, remember to duck when the errant kernel or two go flying out of reach...
Get your pan hot, drop in the butter. Drop the corn in right as the butter melts but before it browns. Sautee for about 5-6 minutes, and then S&P to taste.

rickell said:
Sounds Good Wish I Had Some Fresh Corn On Hand Today
I just happen to have some fresh picked this morning. Come on over and we'll give it a try!

I try and make some fried corn every summer when we have fresh corn but haven't this year yet. It's great in a little butter, with carmelized onion and thyme. No need to blanch and it's delicious.

VeraBlue said:
I love sauteeing fresh corn! Cut if off the cob, remember to duck when the errant kernel or two go flying out of reach...
Get your pan hot, drop in the butter. Drop the corn in right as the butter melts but before it browns. Sautee for about 5-6 minutes, and then S&P to taste.
Thanks all for your help! It's greatly appreciated -:)

Back
Top Bottom