Sweet Potato Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicilian

Assistant Cook
Now me, I just discovered sweet potatoe's after year's of my family eating them. I love pumpkin pie's etc, so I fell in love with this. Now im craving one for lunch, but I have to leave at 12:30, and wont be home til 2 or so. So I usually bake them at 375 for 1 hour, and there moist, still, and that's how I like it. But today I have an extrea 30 minutes, and i'd like it done at 2. So would 325 degrees for 1 hr 30 minute's, be good? What do you think.

I take it your oven doesn't have a timed function where you can have it automatically turn on and off.
I would go with 300 and don't forget to coat it librally with butter or oil to prevent it from drying out or you could fry it as you would American fries.

You can also cut the potato... it's not quite as much fun to eat, but it tastes just as good :)

Sweet Potato

No worry about drying out!
Pop it into the microwave, after oiling and poking a couple place with a fork. Select the Potato setting. If you don't have the Potato setting, cook on HI for 3 -5 minutes.
Give it a little squeeze after the cycle. If it's to hard give it another minute. Wrap in foil until ready to eat.

I like mine with a little salt, a ton of butter and a pinch of brown sugar.

Enjoy,
Charlie

This is my favorite Veg. !! I love to bake a dozen and eat them ice cold right out of the ref. for breakfast until they are gone.
Dove

My boyfriend taught me this:

Cut a peeled sweet potato into good-sized chunks. Parboil until just barely fork tender. Drain, and coat in salt and pepper. While they are boiling, preheat a roasting pan with enough vegetable oil to coat the pieces. Bake at about 400 degrees for about an hour - turn the pieces over after they've carmelized on one side. Lovely!

This is so simple and yet I had never heard of it before reading about it in the food section of the paper the other day:

Bake your sweet potatoes as usual. When they are done, pinch them open and sprinkle the tops with mini-marshmallows and run back in the oven until the marshmallows melt a bit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom