T&T Stuffed Peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Made these up last night and they came out realy great tasting. Gotta share. Besides, they're inexpensive to make, and very healthy.

Ingredients:
Fresh Poblano Peppers
3 cloves fresh garlic, ninced
1/2 onion, minced
1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
2 tbs. Sriracha Pepper Sauce
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
8 oz. tomato sauce
1 medium tomato, cut into chunks
1/3 cup bulgar wheat
1/3 cup brown rice
1/3 cup hole grain pasta, (can't remember the name, but it looks like grains of rice)
1 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. ground cummin
2 tbs. hot chili powder
3 tbs. Masa Harina Flour
1/2 lb. steak (I used New York Strip, or you can use ground beef if you prefer)

In a 2 quart sauce pan, combine the rice, bulgar wheat, and pasta with 3 cups of water. Add the salt and 1 tsp. of the cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 40 minutes over lowest heat setting.

Finely chop the steak and place into a heavy skillet with a tsp or so of cooking oil. Lightly salt and cook over medium heat until just done. Add the remaining ingredients, except the poblano peppers, and cover. Simmer until the rice is done.

Test the rice mixture and correct the seasoning. When it is completely done, combine it with the meat and sauce. Add 3 tbs. Masa Harina flour to the mixture. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes more. Remove from the heat and let cool a bit.

Carefully, so as not to break the pepper, remove the stems and seeds from the poblano peppers. Stuff with the mixture until slightly bulging and overflowing. Place in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, cover, and bake for 20 minutes in a 350' F. oven, or microwave for 6 minutes. Sprinkle a good Spanish cheese, like Queso Grande, or maybe some fresh Parmesao Regiano over the top and allow to melt. You could use shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack as well. Serve piping hot with an enchilada sauce to spoon over top at the table.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

GB, I love the use of poblano peppers instead of bellpeppers. I find that bellpeppers are too bland for me. In the summer when it is too hot for using the oven, I think these would be great wrapped in some foil and put on the grill.

You could also just place them onto a cast iorn pan and let them roast in a covered kettle barbecue, with some good apple, maple, or mesquite to make 'em good and smoky. Drizzle with olive oil before cooking. They should come out really good.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom